What is RTD™ Wound Dressing?
RTD™ is a proprietary highly absorbent antimicrobial foam with Methylene Blue (0.25 mg/g), Gentian Violet (0.25 mg/g) and Silver Ion (7 mg/g) integrated into the polymer matrix.
Indications for Use:
RTD™ Wound Dressing is indicated for the treatment of partial to full thickness wounds with moderate to heavy exudate, including (sacral) pressure ulcers, venous stasis and arterial ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, graft wounds and donor sites, surgical/post-operative wounds, 1st and 2nd degree burns, lacerations and abrasions and any other wound inflicted by trauma.
RTD™ Features and Benefits
Active ingredients: Silver, Methylene Blue and Gentian Violet
- Draws protein rich exudate away from wound; creates a favorable wound healing environment
- Effective antimicrobial and antifungal properties; reduces bacterial load
- Early and sustained antimicrobial protection; helps prevent biofilm
- Analgesic; significant pain reduction reported
- Non-cytotoxic; use throughout the continuum of care
- Cost effective; reduces healing time; use up to 3 days
Proprietary technology: Active ingredients are integrated into foam matrix
- Open cell structure; wicks exudate vertically
- Absorbs 1,110 mg/cm²;
- Holds 15 x its weight in exudate. A 4 x 4 x ¼ dressing holds 115 ml²
- Active ingredients are tightly bound to the foam
- Regulates wound bed moisture; little to no maceration
Polyurethane foam is soft pliable and surface conforming:
- Easy to use. Ready to apply.
- Does not require hydration prior to use
- Can be easily cut to size
- Versatile; can be used for multiple wound types
RTD™ Mechanism of Action
- Strong affinity for dead cells not viable cells
- Strong Cation: draws negatively charged bacteria
- Pulls the protein rich exudate (bacteria and dead tissue) into the dressing
- Attacks gram(-) and gram(+) bacteria
- Antibacterial and Antifungal
- Silver ions (Ag+) are released in the presence of exudate
- Amount of Silver ions released are proportionate to the amount of exudate
- Silver ion (Ag+) binds to bacterial cells
- Penetrates and kills gram (-) and gram (+) bacteria